View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 AM
yobrosew

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
KRA,
You got it. (Kinda wished you hadn't given it away right off the bat though )

SteveH,
I totally agree with you. I've used one very similar to that and your prejudice is spot on. Machines like that are junk.

Yobrosew,
I got a really nice MW machine from GW cos the cord set was missing. The nitwits plugged the motor directly into a power source then claimed there was something wrong with it cos it wouldn't shut off until they unplugged it. When I saw that I laughed myself silly and bid on the machine. Won it, fixed it up and use it occasionally.

I also got burned by not paying attention to details. I once won an auction for a 66-18 that had a broken thread take up lever. It was clearly visible in the pics, I just didn't see it. That's now one of the first things I look for. And one of the reasons I will not bid on a machine where the sellers show only the back side.

Joe
About those backside pics -- funny how often the seller, when requested, will not provide a front view. Always some excuse: no camera now, not at computer, someone else loaded up to site and they themselves don't know how, the dog ate the camera, . . . . .