View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 12:26 PM
quiltingcandy

When I moved into my sewing area I started with furniture placement. Once that is established then open one box at a time. I have had to rearrange from time to time, because I have brought in different furniture or a new machine, but there is no urgency to it. Just try and make it as user friendly as possible with each placement.

Don't make piles of things when emptying boxes - put the items in a permanent place. They won't be glued down, so if you later decide a better location, so be it. But if you start making piles, you will be even more overwhelmed.

But I just assumed you moved items in boxes - if you are currently dealing with stacks or piles, then maybe put them in boxes so you only deal with what you see and can manage smaller issues at a time.

One lady published a book or article about getting organized and to start with 15 minutes at a time. That time frame didn't really work for me - I would go in and work for a while and stopped when I got tired. It wasn't done in a day and that was OKAY. She also said that if you picking up to put items you are undecided about in a box - then later when you have time to put more effort. I do like that too - I put things in the box so they are out of my way and I can work. Most of what I put in the box gets thrown out later - ie: old magazines or cards etc. But I don't have to decide right away and I can work on my immediate project.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 09-10-2014 at 12:39 PM.