View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 01:46 PM
AllyStitches

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to report in-- yesterday was my weigh in day. I did have a good week-- 2.5 lbs gone. I'm only 8 lbs away from being in my "ideal" weight range. That is very exciting to me, I can hardly believe it! I still have about 26 lbs to go to my goal but I'm feeling pretty positive about it. I've been considered overweight or obese my entire life-- even though I'm pretty active. I think I'm at my lowest weight since 5th grade. (Edited to add, I've lost about 50 lbs since January 1, just so you know where I'm coming from.)

Right now DH and I are training for a big 60 mile bike ride/charity event on October 4, so it's motivating me too. We ride to and from the event, so it ends up being about a 75 mile day all told. Tomorrow I have a "gym date" with a friend who wants me to show her how to use one of the machines there. Every time I go to spin or to the gym, I just think about this ONE GIGANTIC HILL (affectionately known among cyclists as THE WALL, for good reason) on the big ride. I just envision myself climbing and climbing and climbing it until it's over. Last year I walked it-- I want to do better this year. :-)

Oh yeah, and I have to get that darn Halloween quilt off my rack this weekend so I can think about my other projects!!! :-P