View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 05:47 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I like the layout on the left with the pinkish fabric. Really cute idea. I hadn't seen this pattern before.
LOL, I haven't seen it before either, and it's not the pattern I started out to make. I had planned a modified Rail Fence. When I put the blocks on my design wall, to match up the 4 unit sets, they kinda just came together like this and I really liked the look.
I've made work for myself by going with this, as each block will involve partial seams to complete. But I've gotten pretty good at partial seams and am not put off by them any longer, LOL. That comes from all my scrappy patchwork quilts I have made, fitting odd shaped blocks together.

OK, I am thinking about sticking with solids, but going with something a little more towards the pinks, purples, softer turquoise and yellows, rather than the primary colors. That way, maybe they won't steal the show so much.

And maybe all one color background (centers and sashing) so the blocks look like they are more floating on it. If I were really brave, I'd try to add shadows, but not sure I could figure that out without a pattern.