Old 09-11-2014, 09:36 AM
nanna-up-north

Default Little Brown Bird- Is there any interest out there?

I know this has been asked before but if there are enough of us out there, Patrice might be convinced to start a discussion group just for the Little Brown Bird Quilt by Margaret Docherty. It would be nice to have a group started where we could give tips, ask questions, encourage each other, and display our blocks as we get them done. I think this quilt could take me 3 years to finish but I love it and am determined to finish it if I live that long. I'm 68 so who knows? And, I'm willing to go it alone if there aren't many that will join me.

It's an amazing applique quilt from Docherty's book that is no longer in publication. I see the book from time to time on eBay and they aren't as expensive as they were just a few years back. The DVD with patterns has been available as well on eBay but might also still be available from American Quilter's Society. I haven't checked on that, sorry. Someone here will know about it.

Anyway, I'm one that has started on this..... and I want to invite you to join in if you choose. It's perfectly okay if you don't want to make this.... it's going to be a long journey, at least for me. And, please, if you've done even one block..... let us see. QB is a sharing community and that's what I'd like us to do.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails llb.jpg   llb1.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-11-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: remove copyright images