View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Kimarene

When I traded out the walking foot for a different foot, no squeaking, so I'm pretty sure it's the walking foot. Even though I recently had the machine cleaned and serviced, I did oil it yesterday, but that didn't help with the squeak.

Now that I'm looking closely at the walking foot from the bottom, I see that there's a place where oil might be helpful. Hard to explain - it's the opposite, underneath end of the rake piece that sits over the screw above the needle. I can see a tiny roller that goes back and forth against another metal part of the foot. I think I will put a tiny drop of oil there and see if that helps.

I will have to make sure to sew for a while on scraps so as not to get oil on my project (see below). I am almost finished with stitching in the ditch (hence the walking foot). After that I am going to, for the first time, do some FMQing on it, although I don't have a good idea of what kind of quilting would look good. It's pretty much all rectangles, with a few squares thrown in. All ideas are welcome. And thank you.

Attached Thumbnails photo-12-.jpg