View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 05:40 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Wow that was fast! I didn't comment on your first thread as you had already gotten tons of helpful advice and I had nothing to add other than how impressed I am with your piecing! You do amazing work already. I can just imagine what you will be churning out by your 10th quilt when this is only your second! You also have a great eye for color, your fabric choices are fabulous. I look forward to your continued participation on this board.

Regarding your quilting plan.... Did you press all your seams open? If so I would not recommend stitching in the ditch as you may end up becoming frustrated quite quickly. There are a couple of schools of thought on open seams and ditch stitching. Leah Day says she has no problems. Judy Madsen of Green Fairy quilts states the opposite (when it comes to SITD on seams pressed open). So you never know. I fall into Judy's camp and feel there is not enough integrity in the seam for SITD and technically, with the seams pressed open there really is no ditch so it is very easy to wobble off the seam line, but that is JMHO. You may want to consider stitching just a hair next to the ditch so you are assured of catching all layers of fabric. Or maybe consider 1/4" inside each of the large triangle units.