Old 09-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by mish in NJ View Post
I'm new here also....have read every single page I think in the threads...my head is spinning with info.
I have a great condition FW, no case....sews great, just has peeling paint on bottom edges..leaving it
alone for now....was given a 301 that I cleaned oiled myself and it runs beautifully. It just has a super
stinky case that I am trying to rid the smell. I just bought a 404 for $24.50 at a thrift store....and a friend
said she "has some machine in a round wooden case up high on a shelf, that she hasn't touched in years"
if I can get it down, it's mine....what model goes in the wooden coffin case?

you all are great with sharing the knowledge and love the enthusiasm for these oldies...I'm hooked,
to the annoyance of my husband....(grin)
mish in NJ
Welcome Mish. I did the same thing when I joined, spent a week reading everything. There were several models that came in or have been put into a bentwood case. You'll just have to get it down and open it up! If it's locked and there's no key, there are several work arounds depending on what kind of lock it is. Usually a small flat blade screwdriver will work. And be sure to post pics of your surprise machine when you get it.

Cari