Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 PM
momto4

I love quilting and I dont mind putting time into it for gifts, but we are not rich by any means. We have 4 kids and 3 are growing boys. It is hard enough to keep the pantry and fridge stocked some months!!!

I have a ton of patterns (I think we all do LOL) and I think that is a great idea to have them buy the fabric. I dont even mind figuring out the yardage for them. I just cant afford to buy enough fabric to make all the gifts!!

Someone also mentioned they only make quilts for those who appreciate them and they know will take care of them. I agree with that as well. These are not 20 dollar blankets from walmart. Time alone makes them super expensive.

I AM excited to start a quilt for my sister. She just had to throw hers away that my parents made us when we were about 5 (20+ years ago) It was just falling apart. It was made with scraps of this and that as we were very poor, but if she kept it alive that long I KNOW she is definitely worthy. :) This time it will be with quality stuff that will hopefully last her ages.