View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 05:24 PM
deanna.r

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I needed to make a twin sized quilt slightly larger. The quilt had shrunk AND we put a memory foam topper on top of the mattress....result, quilt was too small.

This was the first real quilt I made, the result of a Learn to Quilt class. I dearly love it and just hated that it didn't cover up the mattress on the bed anymore. So I decided to enlarge it. I read what I could about doing that...the most information was available on this board. I wanted to do it the easiest way I could. I didn't care if this last border was quilted or if there was a binding.

So I cut six inch pieces, made them the right length, hemmed them, and then sewed them on to the quilt I had, leaving half of the binding showing. It made it look like there was a small cord type thing between the new border and the one next to it. I am very happy with my results. In fact, I have another quilt I am going to do this to next.

Here is a before and after picture. Maybe someone else could use this information. Just don't tell the Quilt Police I did this!!

Dina
I think the dark border that you added beautifully frames the original quilt and adds to its beauty!