View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 06:07 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Rhonda if we are going to do a quilt for the whole year how many fabric colors will we need to have and how much of each fabric(about). If we stay in a color family. ( light fabric, Med. fabric, dark fabric) Will this work with all the block patterns your going to use or should we do scrappy? I have done some of your blocks but they are scrappy and Love them, looking forward to doing these blocks. Oct. Nov. Dec. will be hard time for me to do this but I'll try to keep up. That is why I'm asking about fabric so I can have it ready and in one place at all times. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Juanita
I imagine the numbers I gave above will be close for each quilt block but there may be some variances.
I do like to use the 6 rows of 6 blocks alot so most of them will be in that range.
There could be more than 3 colors tho in a quilt block. just depends on the design and right now I only have 4 designed so I really don't know what the rest will be til I sit down and play with it.

But the general rules I use are 3 - 4 colors per block and the 6 x 6 grid.
When I use other types of shortcut blocks that may need a bit more fabric per shortcut block tho.