Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

So nice to hear about the reunion, Honchey. I am not too familiar with the names of foods but they all sounded good the way you mentioned each one. I was raised by a German-Dutch grandmother (foster) and Father was Irish and Mother a American mix of Native Indian and French.

OK, that quilt is wonderful....and I agree with your GD, flannel would be a perfect backing to snuggle into. No frost here yet, tomatoes are still grown and ripening so still canning a few along and gifting sliced tomatoes to those who did not grow tomatoes. And gifting apples, etc., thanking the Big Guy above for all the bounty of Harvest.

Good luck, JanRN, on your diet. Every time I say 'diet' it seems I gain another five pounds or ten. I have cut my sugars way down...no more munchies of small candy bars , etc., so wonder what the scales will say on the 22nd of September in our wellness check up. And I am drinking water instead of Cherry Coke Cola. Every time I go to get up from sitting in my chair I think, "you old fool, if you didn't eat so much, you would not be putting this much weight on your old tired knees!!! " Love good food, and good company.

GardenGal assures me on face book, that she 'lurks' on this site from time to time . So Happy Birthdaiy, GG. May it be so delightful, that memories will linger throughout the year.

Celebrate the day of rest; have a good week.