View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 07:02 AM
Macybaby

Default Singer 15 "RAF" added to the collection

I just love when things align - this got posted on craigslist just a few days before I was making a trip into the Twin Cities - the seller had tried to sell it at a garage sale earlier and was moving - so priced it at $50 with hopes it would move.

And it has - all the way to SD. It came with the rather basic, common tall leg singer cabinet. One that I have three stools that match, but so far had not ended up with a cabinet. So that worked great, as I would have bought it regardless if I had a desire for the cabinet or not.

I paid $50 for this with the cabinet.

This one is allocated March 12 1935. It's interesting in that the first Singer 15 with reverse (15-88 to 91) series started coming out as early as 1932 in the US. I know this is not a "K" but assume it was a UK made machine with that decal pattern.

Later today DH and I are going to start playing "shift the sh. t" and getting the machine shed cleaned out so we can start taking it down to rebuild it as a real "Machine shed". We hope to have it complete by the end of October, and then we'll start moving the machines into their new home. I've got to curtail my acquisition for a while - and then get refocused and stop expanding what I'm looking for.

I also picked up another Free vs machine in a small parlor type cabinet. I already have one, but the cabinet is in rough shape and this cabinet it near perfect. For $50, it's easier than trying to create the missing molding or fix up the busted bentwood drawers.