Old 09-14-2014, 09:40 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

The doors when in the 42" X 7' form will all but double in half, BUT a piece sized to make a top will be stiff. in order to bend this is has to be steamed, you can also soak these in water for a few days and then bend them. Now I only know of this one type of skin that I " WAS" able to buy. For years and years a local building supply had reject shins, most had some kind of stain on it. $6 a sheet. I never did anything that I needed to bend any.
as a kid a friends father thought us how to bend 1x4's in to ski's using boiling water. later in life I did bend 1'8 " plywood using an old school steam cleaner to soak and heat the wood, but was only about a 90 degree bends,

I have found afew of the dome tops (original) cracking at the bend, The worst has been White treadle drawers. but then they have been around 100 years or so. waterfall vanitys most are from the 20's very common for those to crack at the bend.

Something to think about is to make a coffin top, instead of a dome/bentwood top. I've only had one totally apart, now wish I would have made a copy. There 100% straight cuts, a person could do all the cuts using a table saw and router. some stores have per-made applique that you could glue on for a design