View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:55 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

Hi everyone on the "Flat Stanley" story. I guess since I was a third grader during the 1940s, that's why I never heard of him. But I can't understand why my kids were not bragging about him in the 70s. Nor, my sister who was a third grade teacher for several years, the 70s included. I'll have to ask them.

I have a reverse story to tell on the USPS from just this past week. I finished a quilt for a friend of mine in Texas,, sent it via the husband to the post office with a note to mail it in one of those boxes that costs so much as long as it will fit in the box.....well, when I was turning my house and sewing room upside down looking for her address, with the husband standing at the door waiting with a big ol' storm cloud for a face, I could not find her address ANYWHERE....I finally thought it is 121 street address, zip code 78646 (same as my grandkids for a small town in Texas--gave him that information, he sent it off. Then, that night as I was falling asleep, I thought, maybe her address is 171. And didn't think anything about the zip code--it is only a small town in Texas who woulda thought, five or six zip codes for one small town. OMG, I went nuts. I called her and told her what happened and she went nuts ("you did WHAT?").

I called that post office and told them what I had done, and they assured me that they would catch it and fix it--and they did, and she got her package RIGHT ON TIME--but she called me back to say that she went down to their mail boxes and waited on their mail carrier to be sure she was going to get it. The lady handed her the package like it happens all the time....

I really am getting to be too old for this kind of aggravation, even though I am the one who did it....

Last edited by oldtnquiltinglady; 09-14-2014 at 10:57 AM.