Old 09-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
My son said Ashleah has been getting texts and email but she is like a little kid and needs things she can hold in her hands. Here is the link - they printed out a card for me and brought it to her room. It is a real nice card. Preferably, use pictures you have from the computer - anything you like. She will be there at least a week. This is going to be hard for her.

Link for the e-card:

http://www.nchmd.org/default.aspx?id=664&link=homenav send to Ashleah Hawkins

Caleb is asking for prayer for peace, strength, emotions, fears, she understands everything but is having a very hard time talking, pray for healing and recovery, pray for symptoms to go away, Her left side is weak. The S sound is hard to say. Motor skills are difficult. They may get her out of bed tomorrow. She sat up for a short time today and she tires very quickly. All in all she could be in a whole lot worse shape.
LOL This is Miriam. I am using Glenn's computer. I could post just about anything and he would get all the blame... My husband and I are having a good time in Huntsville visiting with Glenn and Pat.

However, it has been a rough few days. Ashleah had surgery for the blood clot on the brain/stroke last Thusday. She was in intensive care but before they would move her to move her to a room they did another scan. They did not like what they saw - another clot. They repeated the surgery. During the surgery we got a call from our son and the report was that she may not make it - the surgeon could not break up the clot this time. For 3 hours we didn't hear anything. I am not sure what happened but she had some kind of mirical and is doing a lot better. She will have a very long recovery time. She has a very good attitude and is fighting to get herself back. The ecards mean a lot. During all this when she was not able to do much her family saw all the ecards and it was really helpful to them. Then when she has had a chance to look she has been very touched by all the cards. She said it is like getting hugs. You do not need a room number you just need her name. Everybody in the whole hospital knows Ashleah. Words of encouragement/stories are very important still. She's out of intensive care and rehab has begun. Reality is going to be tough on these newly weds.

Last edited by Glenn; 09-14-2014 at 04:19 PM.