View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 06:58 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Calla: My stash started when I was working and had more money than time. No I was never wealthy, just a frustrated quilter. I shopped the sales almost exclusively. Unlike Coopah and you, I almost never buy just a yard. Since the dream was always to make bed size quilts, which take almost nine yards a side I buy in 2, 3, and 4 yard increments thinking 4-5 color, 3 color and 2 color quilts. It is amazing how often I can pull a whole quilt easily out of my stash. The problem I'm having now is Coral is a color I have never been drawn to and a periwinkle is a color that I like so much that I constantly shop it to extinction in my stash. So ends my sad story.
Oh this could be my story, but exchange the periwinkle to blue and anything paisley...
But--tonight just put the borders on a scrappy quilt from

http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.co...subscription-3

I've used a 4 x 4 setting instead of 5 x5 and added 6" borders. My GD has claimed it. Pulled the sashing and border from my stash. Em wants a flannel back and yes I have wide one, but it's about 6" too short. I think I can cut from the width and add to the length. I have to buy batting--have 2, but they are for larger quilts and hate to waste all that batting for a smaller quilt.

Here's the flimsy sans borders..
Attached Thumbnails odd-man-out.jpg  

Last edited by oksewglad; 09-14-2014 at 07:01 PM.