View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 03:54 PM
quilt1950

This happened to us. One year my daughter and her family got more Christmas presents than would fit in their car for the trip home. So after they left, we packaged up the rest of the gifts and sent them by mail. It was all toys and books. They received, in MY box, one tea kettle! Based on the card included with the tea kettle, and the wonders of the internet, my daughter was able to determine who originally sent the tea kettle. She contacted the sender of the tea kettle, and determined where that gift should go. She took it to the post office, unwrapped, and explained what happened. My daughter never received her gifts, and the intended recipient of the tea kettle never received the tea kettle. We filled out the paper work for the lost gifts, and never received a reply from the post office. Yup, I still get upset when I think about this.
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
that is how they justify charging us so much for postage anymore. And I sent my grandson his birthday present and some little things for his sister, then I sent a few little things in a separate box to my daughter for my other granddaughter, they live approx. 15 miles apart. The post office sent them both out on same day, my daughter got hers in a week, my son never got theirs. I contacted post office, my daughter in law had mailed them for me and she saved the receipts with tracking for a week and just thought they got them and threw them away. So all in all, another 2 weeks and nothing. Then one day, I get a letter in mail from post office with all the to and from address labels from the box, the postage from the box, and the tracking number cut off and a letter saying they were sorry but the box got destroyed. OK, so where is the stuff, couldn't they shove it in a box and send it along it's way? NOPE, I am just OUT all that stuff, all the money it cost me to ship, etc. and the presents GONE. No service anymore. they wanted me to list everything and send it back to them and they would try to find it. NOTHING not one word after that. Still fuming over it cause I don't have much money in the first place and then all the kids stuff just gone. I wonder if some little kid somewhere is playing with my grandson's birthday presents. Sorry, I am just a little bitter over it. LOLLOL