Old 09-16-2014, 06:25 AM
Sewnoma

Thanks for the feedback! I did read up on it a bit last night and saw the bit about it spinning the opposite direction - I thought that was weird but interesting. I also read that they get can get a flat spot on some drive wheel (details elude me) so when I test it I'll be listening; apparently if it has that it'll make a "whump whump whump" sound when it sews and I gathered that it's not a part that's easy to replace. Does that sound familiar/right to you guys?

The thrift shop does have sales but not that include furniture and this is tagged as furniture. This is a generally expensive area so I'm not surprised it's not a killer deal. The thrift shop benefits the local hospice system so I don't mind paying a fair price; it's a hospice system I myself have benefited from when I had my hip replaced. My insurance paid for it but I really appreciated the service so I feel good helping support them while at the same time getting goodies for myself!

I did check the other drawers, all empty except for a couple loose pencils. I think someone emptied it out before they donated it and just missed the upper cubby.

The machine appears complete - did have a bobbin case installed and I saw at least 2 loose bobbins; may have been a 3rd inside the machine. Weird bobbins - much flatter and wider than any I've used before.

I'll have to check it out in more detail today!