View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Blackberry

Default Here we go again

Well, this is sewing machine #54. All of my machines are older machines except for two. Recently I had found a 201 in a bentwood case using a knee bar lever which I knew nothing about but I purchased it anyway and learned a few things about using the knee bar lever and the two different kinds Singer made. I was able to locate the right lever with the flat end so my 201 is now complete. This last weekend I found a Singer 99 In a very nice bentwood case using the knee bar lever that had the round end instead of the flat end like my 201 needed. I figured I just needed, well, need is definitely not the right word for a person with 53 machines, I just wanted to have both styles of knee bar levers so I purchased it. It is in fairly nice condition and the decals are really nice. It needs a little polishing but we can get to that. I did wipe it down with sewing machine oil and improved it's appearance quite a bit. I think the light covering on this machine was probably a shiny metal which I am hoping we can achieve. I do have a question about the two wires that attach to the controller that plugs the machine into a wall outlet. I have taken out the screws so I could get to the controller but I can't figure out a way to get the cover off so we can maybe rewire the electrical wires.
Attached Thumbnails after-some-cleaning-cover.jpg   box-good-shape.jpg   controller-mechanism.jpg   cord-problem.jpg   faceplate-before-polishing.jpg  

knee-bar-storage.jpg   knee-bar-round-slot.jpg   where-knee-bar-inserted.jpg   nice-decals-bobbin-area.jpg   light-area.jpg