View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:38 AM
J Miller

Default Family sewing history in black and white

I was looking through my mom's photo album, real printed on paper photos not digital images, and found these I thought I'd share. Well, they're digital now, I had to scan them in to post them.

I did not know that at one time waaaaaaay back in 1958 my mom had a Singer Feather Weight. Look in the bottom right corner, you can see the case. That's mom in the back ground. The picture in the upper right corner on the wall was a paint by number oil painting done by my dad. I still have it hanging on my wall. So far this is the only sewing machine picture I have found, but I still have tons of ancient photos to go through. I'm not sure what happened to it, but it could have been the black machine mom sewed her finger into.

I've also been looking for this photo. My Aunt Dorothy has had several sewing machine shops over the years. Here's a pic of her and Uncle Charlie back in either 58 or 61. Not sure which as the letter on the back only mentions she's preggers and just beginning to show. I have two cousins so it could have been either. The pic was taken on West Van Buren St in Phoenix, AZ.

I'll keep looking for sewing machine pics as I dig through the boxes of pictures.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails moms-fw001.jpg   aunt-d-uncle-c-swx-ctr002.jpg