View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 06:57 AM
indysheart

I am in the same process. I will have to share a space with my son’s playroom, I am pretty sure. I would love to nab the L shaped desk in our bedroom that my husband bought and never uses- but it only fits in our room (would take up almost all the playroom if we put in there. And we work opposite shifts, so he is usually napping/sleeping when I have sewing energy (between 7:30-10pm usually) Playroom is about 8x10. However, we are getting my son two 9 square cubicles for storage of toys for his birthday in a few weeks. Those would also work well for fabric and other storage (right now the room is like a tornado went through it and isn’t really a playroom or defined sewing space yet. ) Then, we will move his train table into the room and that is about 3ft by 2 ft, with roll out drawers underneath. Have to find a spot for his easel, a bookshelf, ottoman, rocking chair. Luckily the desk I have is an old sold one with big drawers that I can use for storage- even though it’s not real big maybe 2.5 wide and 1.5 ft deep? I plan to get one of those peg boards for storage on the wall behind the desk.