Old 09-18-2014, 08:02 AM
LynxSS

I've looked over the whole machine inside and out and do not see a JA mark anywhere, There is a very small S casting mark on the top next to the hand wheel and thats all I can find. I wonder if there are JA stamps under that other serial number tag riveted on, if it was screwed on I would look underneath. No identifying marks on any of the components either other than White on the motor.

Looking closer at where the cams fit with the machine in use I think it would not be too hard to make a few simple ones that make half circles and triangles. I'm used to making motorcycle and antique hit and miss engine parts. To make a cam what I would do is fit a thin cardboard disk under the cam follower and then just tape a piece of pencil lead on the follower, luckily this machine only has one, if the machine had multiple cam followers it would be too complicated to make a cam by hand. Run the machine and do the stitch you want by hand and it will trace out what the cam should look like. Take the cardboard pattern and make a cam out of a bit of hardwood or something that is easy to work with and make adjustments with and try it. When you get it to how you like you can copy the wood pattern out of something more durable. This is just a disk so should be easy enough to just cut a piece out of flat stock, for my engine parts I have to make a mold and cast it out of aluminum. EDIT: Whatever you make the cam out of needs to be softer than the cam follower so that part does not wear down and eventually throw everything off.

Last edited by LynxSS; 09-18-2014 at 08:06 AM.