View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
My Pieds

Default Hi...Another QB Newbie here

Hi All,

Not sure what to write here so I will just go with the flow and write what comes out.

I started sewing again after twenty some years hiatus and decided this time around I would teach myself the proper way and not do a mediocre job sewing garments and it is/has been a fun learning curve delving into the vintage era and learning haute couture sewing techniques.

I love how sewing vintage clothing on my vintage machines takes my mind to a happy place in the Andy Griffth, Donna Reed kinda way and the fun of learning how to use the various attachments I have collected this summer. The most intriguing attachment I have at present is the fierce looking Hemstitching and Picoting foot that I have yet to try out. The machine it came with needs a new motor and foot pedal, other than that it's a cute little green gorilla finish White Rotary. I can't wait to get it running and use it along with all the attachments it came with.

I have a variety of machines that date back to bygone eras. My oldest to date is 106 and my youngest was bought in 1983.

I tried to do a photo album only after I got done with the descriptions and hit the save button I got logged off.

Oh well.....I'll try another day to do that.

I guess that's about it for now. I have sooo many questions on restoring machines and getting certain parts for them I will post them in the machine sections rather than here.

Blissings to All

FG