View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 05:30 AM
Wow I Like That

I just bought a Viking Designer SE with lots of extras off Craigslist for $700.00. That was a bargain, bargain, bargain. I used to work for a Viking Dealer and about 9 years ago I bought the regular Designer 1 for the employee price of $3000.00. That was half price. This was a great find. It works perfectly and the embroidery has been flawless. I didn't need the software - I already had it. That can add to the cost if you can't find used. I always, always, always try to buy such things used if I can.

The machine I used before this one was a Singer XL 6000 I think. Gosh it is sitting on my sewing room floor. Again, off Craigslist paid $500 for it with thousands of dollars in extras too. Worked perfectly, still does, I simply just love Vikings and saw this one and got it.

If it is Disney you wanted, you don't have to buy a Brother, you can just buy the Disney designs from the Brother site. There are tons of options for converting your designs to the format you need. I'm not much of a Disney sewer - my kids are grown but no grand kids yet. I use to own an Embroidery Shop and if you need help finding designs or such, I can help.