Old 09-19-2014, 04:06 PM
quiltmouse

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Q/M: It is hard for me to picture the options without seeing the fabric but I would go for the way that allows you to tame the wobbles with the least unsewing. Additionally I would try to come closest to the idea your Mom was working toward. As I age I hope I never have to give up my favorite pass time, love that she was trying to finish that one last quilt. So new saying, "Quilters never give up, they just loose their 1/4 inch".
Hi, everyone!

You are all doing such great jobs on your UFOs.

I've spent the summer piddling with mom's rail fence.

Well, dang. Tried to upload pictures. I guess they are too big. Sigh. After I hit upload, the website icon just spun & spun. How long does it generally take? I could be too impatient.

I took all mom's blocks apart. I sewed them together diagonally, ending up with light blocks and dark blocks. I put them together darks w/ dark, ditto lights. I am alternating dark & light in rows.

so far, I have 6 rows of 5, am in process of putting another block on each row. I have enough for another row of 6, so at last count it will be 6x7 blocks (nearly 12", so far 72x84). I found some more blocks though, so I don't know what I will do next. 7x7 would be 84x84, square. I guess I could do something at top & bottom to make it longer. I like using quilts on beds, so prefer they not be square. I'm 6'1", so I like them long enough to go all the way up over my shoulders. There's always 6x8, 72x96. This is all before borders.