Old 09-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Conartist1945

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
Love it!! I really like the word "perspecticals", I'm going to have to remember that.

I'm a messy person and it embarrasses me sometimes. Not DIRTY, just messy - things like books and mail and baskets of laundry waiting to go upstairs tend to be sitting around. I had a friend from work come over so I could help her do some last second work on favors she was making for a mutual friend's baby shower. It was all a last second thing so I didn't have much time to clean up so I just didn't even try; when she got there I apologized for not cleaning up for her visit. Her reaction was marvelous, she just laughed and said she was FLATTERED that I didn't clean for her. She says that if I cleaned up before she came that would mean we weren't real friends, because real friends just don't care about that stuff! I told her, "In that case, you just became my best friend!" LOL

I don't necessarily think people with super clean houses have empty lives, it's just a different way of doing things. I work pretty closely with a lady who keeps her house immaculate and she's VERY busy with a full life...but she also works on keeping her house spotless every single day because that's important to her. We actually joke about it a lot...I love to tell her something like, "Hey, guess how many shoes are on the floor in my living room right now?" or "You know what? My vacuum cleaner has been sitting in the hallway for THREE WEEKS now!" and she'll have a (phony) freak-out about it... OK, that sounds really stupid but at work it's pretty funny...
OMG... We're we separated at birth?????