Thread: Missing my FW
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 AM
iadhikari

Default Missing my FW

Hi everyone,
How do you suggest getting over a case of seller's remorse?
I'm posting this here because I know you all understand about bonding with inanimate objects.
I wanted to buy a Singer 301 but told myself I should sell one of my Featherweights first. I have three Kenmore machines and I had two Featherweights. But I used one Featherweight much more than the other, and I thought it would be fun to have more of a variety of machines. So I decided to sell one Featherweight and use the money to buy a 301.
The lady who bought it was nice, but a little odd. She said when she saw the machine (a 1948) that she thought it would look brand new. She thought I was going to bring fabric and thread and everything so she could try it out (we met at a neutral place). She didn't understand how I could not have the case (bought it that way!). I sort of felt like just walking out and saying I was going to keep the machine. But I told myself it shouldn't sit in the closet, and sold it anyway.
I ended up buying two 301s with the money (long, uninteresting story). But they're not here yet, and my Featherweight is gone, and I miss it. I can't call up the lady who bought it and ask to buy it back, so... what do I do?
Should I buy myself another Featherweight for Christmas? Is there a project I can do on the 301 that I couldn't have done on the Featherweight? Has anyone else ever sold a machine and regretted it?
Suggestions for getting over it?
Ila in Denver

Last edited by iadhikari; 09-20-2014 at 06:40 AM.