View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Wow I Like That

Your room is lovely. What a great idea for sewing space. I sew on an old 1950 metal teachers desk that I salvaged from an old Catholic school with the big ole 5' chalk board hanging above so I can jot notes to myself. My space is NEVER tidy. Your room might be tiny but very well designed. My sewing room is also where I paint and upholster and up till one month ago it also held a screen printing machine. I finally got that moved because I could even walk let alone work.

The desk top is stunning. I thought the wood was the floor at first, so pretty. I prefer carpet, it is warmer in the North. If you are like me and it doesn't look like you are like me but maybe when you are sewing, I throw all threads on the floor. Even though there is a trash can right next to me, I sweep them right on the floor. That is those that aren't sticking to me. Threads can ruin a sweeper but if you buy a toilet brush for your room and I have taped mine to a old broom stick, if you run it over the over before you sweep you pick up all the threads. Don't know what made me think of that - I think you carpeting looks like what I had once and those threads like to stick in that carpet. Have a great day.