View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Jannie

It has been a nice relaxing day. Sunday, for me, always means going to church so had a nice quiet day at home afterwards. There was a quilt show close by that I went to yesterday. I love to see the talent of others and wonder if I will ever get close to their talent -- probably not but will keep plugging along. Now to answer the questionnaire that has been requested:

This is a little bit about me. For the first 20+ years of my married life, I was a stay at home mom. When my last baby was about 10, I found a part time office manager job and stayed there for the next 17 years. I finally retired about 3 years ago and loving every minute of it. We have been married 47 years and have 3 grown children and 8 grandchildren. I have always loved sewing. I started quilting when my first grandchild was born about 20 years ago now. Boy, have I learned a lot since that first quilt! I am working on 2 king size quilts and, of course, always something in the works for charity. I am most proud of my three children and their families. I did a Hunter Star quilt for a son this last year that turned out better than I would have ever imagined. Now to get the other 2 quilts done and am hoping they turn out as good. When I was doing my board name, I couldn’t think of anything cute so I just used the nickname my dad called me.