View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 04:21 AM
Jean in Ohio13452

Fabric Book marks. I've made Several for Friends and For the Swaps I am in on Swap-bot. They are easy to do and can use Scrap fabrics...3 layers - top - fabric stiffening such as Pellon and bottom layer.. These can be sewn right sides out and then Pinked or layered WSO and sewn on 3 sides, turned and bottom sewn. then Top stitched again 1/4 inch from edges all around.. Finished Size: 2 inches X 8 inches.. Match the Fabric to the Person... I have even made several with Fabric that looks like Suede with contrasting Top Stitching. Check out Pinterest for Bookmarks.. You can even add Ribbon or Twine or Yarn or Lace Trim as the upper or bottom Tail.... That way by using your Scrap fabric it won't cost any thing but Time, Especially if you see a Co worker reading a Book -what a Thoughtful Gift , you could make them a little smaller to fit in side a Holiday or Christmas Card... I have even seen them embroidered with their name or Initials... You could enclose a Note saying that You noticed them reading a book and that you made them a Book mark to mark their Spot...

Last edited by Jean in Ohio13452; 09-22-2014 at 04:23 AM.