View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 07:14 AM
julie64

I personally like the idea of a holiday mug rug with a cookie tied to it. Or... a mug rug with a tea bag... little card saying enjoy a cup of tea on me. The book mark is clever...could add the tea bag with it too. One year a friend of mine made cookies and placed a couple in a ziplock bags with a note. She decorated a basket and put all the ziplock bags with cookies in there. So all of her workers got a pack of cookies and the notes said Merry Christmas from Crystal but one of the notes had & please enjoy the basket!

I used to feel the pressure of starting a tradition of making for everyone and the pressure but then it occurred to me that was me stealing my own joy. I like making stuff and giving it to people in my life. My gift offering is a way to show appreciation to others and that's the best part of giving.

So with that said, please make and do what your heart tells you. Like my mom used to say, you will never be sorry for doing what's right. Just figuring out what right is for you is the tough part!