View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Your quilt is gorgeous, nicely done, especially with the white and grey for the light side of the log cabin. I can feel your pain about your DD sitting on it at a baseball game. Yikes. However, once a quilt is made and received, it is sort of out of our control. I make family reunion quilts for our bi-annual family reunions. I was shocked and also hurt to see a picture of one of my nephews lying on the quilt with his very large, black dog. Horrors. I guess I put more significance into the quilt than he did; however, this particular quilt was made in loving memory of one of my older brothers who passed away 6 months before the July reunion. When I started making these reunion quilts, I anticipated that they would be considered "family heirlooms" and treated with some respect, unlike the quilt I made my 12 year old son, who took the quilt every where he went, even to the beach, but I made it for a 12 year old boy, definitely not anticipating it would be treated with white gloves, so to speak. I will,however, continue to make the reunion quilts, I've already received several pieces of purple fabric to be used in next year's quilt, which will be purple - my challenge is to make a pretty quilt from fabrics I did not choose. This is my bi-annual challenge to myself to make quilts with sometimes very unusual fabrics; but they all seem to come out looking beautiful in the end. It's a gorgeous quilt.