View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 02:40 PM
meanmom

Hi Megan and welcome to our group. I have tried them all too. I tried the Adkins and it wasn't for me but my friend did awesome on it. I do find I do best when I cut way back on my carbs too. We all need to find what works best for us. I did lose weight on Adkins, just not my style of eating. I do like the advice to cut back on carbs I think most of us would benefit from that. My biggest problem right now is that I need more exercise!
I am starving. I am getting alternative allergy treatments. They work really well, but I can't have anything but filtered water for 3 hours afterwards. I forgot to pack a snack in my lunch today. 45 minutes until I can have dinner. It is all cooked as I never know when my DH and DS will be home. I just make dinner and eat whenever I feel like it.
My sewing machine is acting up again. I don't like any of the local shops for repair so I need to drive about an hour to get it worked on. Hopefully I can get out of work on time tomorrow and get it there. Unfortunately I will have to drive home in rush hour traffic. I have an old machine to use it just doesn't sew as nicely. I need to make up a class sample for guild in November. We are doing classes on how to use precuts. I am going to use hexagons. I always have to be different. I will teach the pattern Hexagon Shuffle. It is free on the Kaufman site.
Pat