View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 04:26 AM
Bneighbor

Floriani makes a wonderful stabilizer for knits and soft fabrics called "No Show Mesh". Available in white, black and cream, this is a really nice stabilizer. Available in fusible and non fusible, I use this to back every t shirt I embroider. I fuse it to the back, making sure I have enough to fill the hoop, not just behind the design, then float another piece of the No Show Mesh Non-fusible. But for your application, you would fuse the entire "quilt square". I made two t-shirt quilts, one with the no show mesh and one with another produce and there was such a difference. The no show mesh gave body, but not stiff or bulky. The fabric was still soft but it was so much easier to work with. The edges did not roll while I sewed and it behaved itself. The long arm quilter commented how nice it was to quilt. She was not as happy with the other product. The reason I had two different products is that I use the other product first, put that top away (UFO) and when I made the second top, I discovered the no show mesh. Sent both quilts out at the same time to be quilted. The no show mesh has a silicone based adhesive that does not get hard, stiff, or gummy when applied. Will not "drag" your needle or cause that sticky mess on the needle that makes you have to stop and clean your needle with alcohol.

Last edited by Bneighbor; 09-23-2014 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Auto fill lost it's mind!