View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 11:20 PM
annesthreads

Originally Posted by abdconsultant View Post
Surround yourself with other quilters, the best way to create is in a group. You will feed off of each other. In no time you will be able to see the possibilities in the process. it takes work and commitment. Make the quilt like you planned.
i wish I could - have been looking for a group for years. Where I live the choice is between a hoity toity one that will only admit members who meet their exacting standards and another where the group leader's agenda is to get people into her church! Oh, and I did find another one, but a single, child free woman was beyond their comprehension. All, and I mean all, their conversation was about husbands, kids and grandkids, and once they'd established I didn't have any of those, no-one had anything to say to me. It was both funny and sad. I'm pretty good at using nieces and nephews and friends' kids as a way into that sort of conversation, but it would have been very one way, as my life was obviously very strange to them and they definitely didn't want to know more!