Old 09-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Argentium

I owe ctyankee a huge apology. She made me a wonderful needlebook with yoyos and hand stitching and some decorative pins (and it all fits perfectly in my little tin sewing kit I carry around in the off chance I get some free time to make or join a few hexies) and I should have immediately come to the board to gush about it and thank her profusely. Instead I got sidetracked by work and failed to set reminders to make sure I came back here to thank her. So, ctyankee, thank you so much for the needlebook... I love it and it's become part of my regular kit; I did not intend to slight you in the gratitude department like this at all I'm sorry I didn't thank you sooner on your wonderful work.

Likewise, I should have immediately come here and gushed over my cool purple chicken pincushion from Elayne (sorry, didn't see a screenname on the box or the note) that I got over the weekend. I also love the “dim sum” fat qtr you included – I have no idea what to do with it yet but I've had a lot of fun looking it over. My family used to have a small flock of chickens when I was a kid, so this brought a big smile to my face when I pulled it from the box. Thank you so much.

And with that, I'm going to stop attempting swaps completely. I think at this point people are going to dread getting me for a partner – either giving or receiving – and I don't want to cause anymore problems for such a great group of people. Thank you for letting me play. Take care and happy sewing......