View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 04:46 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
I wasnt looking for advice and, to be fair to my sister, she wasn't intending to offer any. She expressed an interest in my project so I showed her the squares I'd cut out, we started to play with them, and she immediately saw a way to make the whole thing look much better. My reaction wasn't annoyance with her doing that, so much as a painful realisation that I'm not very good at what I've been trying to do, and I just don't have her creative eye. And then all my pleasure in the project just went, i realised I've been kidding myself, because I just don't have that creative imagination that she does.
My answer is still the same. Use your sister's suggestion and thank her for it. Then thank your lucky stars for all the good things that you do have. You have made a life for yourself. You're doing just fine. I might also suggest looking into depression thing. My husband does crashes like that and he is bi-polar and depressed. It's surprising how much a talk with a doctor about that helped him. Good luck to you.