Thread: Storm At Sea
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 06:22 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Ninnie View Post
Starting a new quilt today.Doing a Storm At Sea in Batiks. This pattern was the first quilt I ever made, years ago. Made it for my son Bo when he left home for College. Last year he brought it to me and said "Mom think my quilt needs patched". and then we took a look. Well guys there was no patching it, but u know what, it had been truly loved and used, which is what I love to see done with my quilts. So then he ask if i would make him another quilt.And I said yes son I will.I said, do u what to look through some of my designs and choose one, and he said, nope, want another Storm At Sea. Well, i have never made the same pattern twice, lol, always wanting a new challenge. But, for my son, I agreed. So, I choose lots of dif Batiks from Mary Jo's, and yes i did sneak a few extra in the order for me , Here is a pic of the materials. and the first peces cut out. These are the 60 dark fabric diamonds that will be used in it.
s

I much prefer SAS in the classic "sea" colors, dark blue, light blue and white. But your collection is very attractive.