View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Wow I Like That

I give pillowcases often as gifts. Kids love them. I always personalize them too. I either embroider their name or applique it. I have the GO alphabet and if the name isn't too long I'll put it in the middle. If not, I've used the first letter appliqued and then embroider the whole name across it. For kids, I always put the pillowcase on a brand new pillow.

I have also given pillowcases to adults too. I have an elderly neighbor that I made some for a couple years back. Now she has a helper during the day who just asked me yesterday if I sell them too. She wanted some to give as gifts herself. Sally, the elderly neighbor, frets if that isn't the case isn't on her pillow.

Last year I gave 8 different adults pillowcases as gifts. I didn't even make the pillowcases. I was looking at a trunk at a flea market and inside was a bag of beautiful vintage pillowcases with that pretty crocheting at the top. The man said I don't want those, you can have them. So I got 8 sets for free. I appliqued the GO bird on them with the embroidery. They were so pretty. I don't have any pictures but here is the Go design.