View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 01:56 PM
annesthreads

Originally Posted by Realtorlin View Post
I read your post and I want to say that sometimes it takes a lot of switching the fabrics around and adding and subtracting to get the perfect design that YOU like. If you like it that is all that matters. There is no right or wrong. If you think her design is better ask yourself why. Then rearrange your design till you get one that YOU love. Sometimes it can take me a month to get it "just right". Be patient with yourself and try this. You will know when the right design is right because it will thrill you and it is YOURS. Then you won't have to ask anyone their opinion because you have a design that YOU love and it is made by YOU....Just my thoughts.
very true. I've been playing with this idea for the past few months, collecting fabrics, pictures of quilts in similar colours, pictures of other objects that give me some inspiration. I've cut out squares from all my fabrics and started trying to work out how best to combine them - blocks, patterns etc. I've never worked like that before and it was fun until I began to feel so discouraged.