Thread: Scrap nursery
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 02:09 PM
MFord

One night I was half-asleep - turned over to shut off the light - looked right into the soulful eyes of a little brown mouse! On the floor, not the bed, thank God! I got up and yelled (NOT screamed) for my husband while I chased it around. Finally trapped it under a cabinet and we caught it in some Tupperware (our "first choice" for catching mice!). We released it into a green area between our house and the neighbors, then got grief from them for letting it out near their house! (Not in a mean way, though).

We've always had cats, which is why, I think, that the brown mouse was on the second floor. They love to bring them in and play with them (too rough, silly cats!), and sometimes we get them before they are killed. That's always exciting! Occasionally we will get birds, and once - TRUE - an owlet!!

The mice generally don't bother me, except the one time we had an actual infestation. Got the pest control people on that and haven't seen one in a year and a half or so. I'm down to one old cat who isn't very interested anymore, so I'll have to be on watch for them.