Old 09-24-2014, 02:22 PM
spartan quilter

Default scraps from a drunkard's path and mitered corners

2 years ago, I used the drunkard's path templates and made a quilt for a granddaughter. But then you end up with the opposite cuts and never quite sure what to do with them. So, I finally got them out this past winter, glued the 2 pieces together and then did a decorative stitch around the edge. After doing the stitching, I used fray check on the raw edges and hope that will be enough to avoid raveling. This is a picture of the original quilt.

So now this next one is the opposite quilt and I put the blocks together with the lighter fabrics to the upper left and the darker to the lower right. I bordered it with 2 shades of yellow, and realized that I needed to miter the corners, which I had never done before, but was able to figure it out and was happy with the results.

And the last picture is a close up of one of the corners. I was afraid that with the stripes, it might not come out right, but now I know that I can do it, I won't be afraid to do it again.

Thanks for looking and keep posting your quilts. I so love all the ideas I get from this board. When I looked after posting this, I see that I got double prints, hope that someone can remove the extra 3, cause I don't think that I can. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails img_0210.jpg   2014-september-rachels-opposite-quilt-001.jpg   2014-september-rachels-opposite-quilt-002.jpg  

Last edited by spartan quilter; 09-24-2014 at 02:26 PM.