View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 07:10 AM
KalamaQuilts

yoga changed my life. All for the better.
I could say that about a lot of things, but I flunked PE in highschool because I couldn't climb the rope or do more than three push ups. I can do both now, many times over. Anyone who thinks yoga isn't exercise needs to try it for a few weeks.

About flexibility, you never do a full anything the first time, it is the repetition for 3 or 4 times that lets you relax into a pose. I just stood up and did a forward bend, finger tips barely touch the floor. But 4 repeats, relaxing into the pose each time, and my hands are flat on the floor.
I got out of the habit of going to class when I was dealing with cancer, I miss it now but don't want to drive that far. I have about 10 yoga DVDs, so I can alternate teachers.

Off my soap box but I really think 'yoga is for anyBody'

Still holding at 152 this month, am so happy. But I have a small BMI chart on my fridge that shows 5'1" @ 152 is barely out of obese and at the very high side of plain old fat. Sob. I feel good and as I absolutely refused to buy myself bigger clothes or go to elastic waist on everything, all my old clothes are now new again

Hang in everyone. At my age it is about health, not beauty...I don't want to be dead saying "I wish I hadda" for eternity.