View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Bree123

I pin baste mine. My tables aren't large enough either. Some people say you can push 2 tables together, but I can still get down on the floor for short periods of time, so I masking tape it to my kitchen floor. I get the extra sticky kind so it doesn't come undone (other people do fine with frog tape or painters' tape, but I have no luck with them). I use the bent-angle safety pins & pin a fist's width apart, starting with the center of the quilt & working my way out, smoothing as I go.

I find Elmer's is too stiff for me to comfortably work with & I don't have a good space to use the Spray Baste It. The other option you might consider if you plan to make more of the larger sized quilts & have a bit of vertical storage space in your garage is to buy a piece of particle board at Home Depot/Lowe's. You can put it on a bed, or if you use padding, on top of your dining table. They will cut it to size for you (some stores charge me $0.25-0.50 per cut, but it's well worth it). Then, you can tape onto that surface. Particle Board also works nice as a design wall (that's what I use it for). I am thinking of pulling out the staples & changing to Velcro to attach the felt. That way I can have it do double-duty as a design wall & a basting surface.

Tutorial from Sewing with Nancy: http://www.nancysnotions.com/categor...uilt+layers.do