Old 09-26-2014, 09:11 AM
ladydukes

Default Kenmore 158.18023 Super High Shank Sewing Machine

Here are pics of my "NEW" Kenmore 158.18023 Super High Shank Sewing Machine that came in a cabinet. I paid $35 for it. The original manual was with it. When I say, "NEW," I am not exaggerating. Even the gold and black "Passed Inspection" sticker is still on the hand wheel. The pic showing the inside of the top looks like it isn't clean, but it is. That's just the way the metal photographed. Whomever the previous owner of this machine was must have never used it. Before doing much sewing on it, I asked my DH to go through it, clean, service and oil it. When he opened it up, he called me downstairs to show me how immaculately clean it is. I purchased cams and other attachments for it on eBay and a dear, wonderful online friend sent me an extra cam that I didn't, have plus the buttonhole attachment and she would not take a dime for either. Everyone needs friends like that!! Am I blessed!! I am hoping to purchase a super high shank walking foot for it, in case anyone has an extra to sell.

When I tried to change out the presser foot for another, we discovered that it was an impossible task because we could not get it off. Again, my friend to the rescue! She sent me a little video showing that, in addition to releasing the presser foot lever, I need to raise the take-up lever by hand higher than just lifting it. I tried it this morning and it worked perfectly!

I see that the pics are sideways or upside down. If anyone can tell me how to fix that problem, I would appreciate it, as well as how to delete duplicate photos.

Attached Thumbnails km-158.18023-pic1.jpg   km-158.18023-pic2.jpg   km-158.18023-pic3.jpg  

Last edited by ladydukes; 09-26-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: add comment