Thread: Scrap nursery
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 04:29 AM
lwbuchholz

Once again I haven't read all the posts so someone might have mentioned this. But I found a article on the net for repeling pests and they suggested that strong smells especially peppermint repel mice. I tried it and it seemed to work. I used cotton balls and wet them with peppermint oil and set them where there was a place that mice might come in. I think they should be placed in something since it is oil. We also use those copper scrubbers in any holes they come through. They can't chew the metal. We tried steel wool but it rusts away and makes a awful mess. I had thought of planting mint around the foundation of the house too. I hate mice!! The neighbors just remodeled an empty house and the mice fled to my house. I had one and I thought it was a hord. It ate all the chocolate it could find and my traps didn't work so went to walmart and found some new kinds and caught it. That was the fatest mouse I have ever seen.
Lynda

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I went to open a box of scraps to rearrange an put scraps from file boxes into clear containers. Luckily, this scrap box was the smallest box. Every hair on my body stood on end when to my surprise was a family of newborn mice. Mama (Thank you God) was probably hunting for a meal. I took the box out side. I do not want to hear anything from the PETA or SPCA about my dastardly deed. I do not like rodents of any size or kind in my house. Going back to Walmart or dollar store to get more clear boxes. I expected a small siege of rodents since the guy who lives behind us has finally mowed his yard. I checked my other bank boxes and nothing (Thank you God). I did leave the baby "rodents" in the box at the very back corner of my yard. The scraps are very few and only about 1 1/2". No big loss. Mama can check on her babies outside and the birds and squirrels can have nesting material. Still feeling creepy but not feeling guilty.