View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 06:38 AM
Blackberry

Default What A Bargain This Was

What a bargain this was at an estate sale yesterday. I had left the sale and my DH ask if I had seen the sewing stuff and I said well, there wasn't much there. He said you didn't see it all and I well that's OK and we proceeded to leave the sale. He ask again if I wanted to just take another look and I said well, OK. He showed me where he had found the items which I did not see the first time. Here were two manuals, a 301 and a 99K, in nearly perfect shape, a box of accessories for the 301 and the 99 with the boxes in excellent condition. I don't know if these are complete sets or not but still a nice collection. There were also a large number of 301/featherweight bobbins. I took them all to the lady in charge and explained there were no prices on these so she asked if I would buy them all for $5. Would I, you bet. Sure glad he asked me to take another look. She also had several buttonhole accessories but I have several of them so didn't need them. The lady running the sale said she couldn't quite understand with all of the sewing accessories why there were no sewing machines.
Attached Thumbnails 2-manuals-301-bobbins.jpg   singer-99-accessories.jpg   singer-301-accessories.jpg