Old 09-28-2014, 02:44 AM
ThayerRags

Sewing machine overload here too. My little “Bike Shop” work area (closed in carport to create a utility room) is becoming a “Sewing Shop” instead. We have sewing machines in every room of the house except the kitchen. Both bathrooms have a machine in them. The wife and I are already talking about moving the air-lift motorcycle table out onto a covered patio and covering it from the weather. It takes me a half of a day moving sewing machines around to get a motorcycle in on the table as it is now, and I’m wanting to put another industrial power stand in there.

And then just minutes ago, strolling through the Dallas Craig’s List, I spotted an old rusty Singer 28K handcrank in the convertible base designed for setting into a treadle, and the treadle irons being sold with it could be one of the 3/4-size frames that is original to the machine. I can’t tell, because the cabinet top has been changed, and the treadle components have been removed. Both the machine and treadle are rusty basket-cases, but the portable wood base looks good. Just the sort of thing I seem to be falling for here lately.

So, when I seriously considered driving the 260 miles one-way to pay my $60 for it, and then sadly changed my mind, I thought to myself, “Boy! I’m really hooked on this sewing machine addiction, ain’t I!”

If someone else is interested in it, the listing is at:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/atq/4688863037.html

CD in Oklahoma