Old 09-28-2014, 10:31 AM
lalaland

Shredding can happen with regular and embroidery machines, it's not uncommon. The advice I was given is to use 80/12 topstitch needles (I use 75/11 if I'm making lace), really cuts down on the friction. I use only topstitch needles on my sewing and embroidery machines now.

Also, consider changing the thread. Using Brother thread is no guarantee. My Innovis didn't like the Brother thread, nor did it like rayon thread and it hated Madiera thread. It loved Isacord thread and also a cheaper polyester embroidery thread I purchased from Threadart. I even used regular sewing thread, cotton thread, and serger thread in it.

Also, did you register your machine with Brother? They have a tech department that will answer any of your questions or troubleshoot any problem you may be having but you must register your machine with them to get that service. They also provide free embroidery designs every month. Doesn't matter if you are the original owner of the machine or not, you can register any Brother machine, new or used.